• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Take #2 With the new Onc.

jerbear

Ok we cleared a few things up that were left last time. I WILL have BEAM. but no other chemo before transplant.

I don't know when I have the tests for transplant since he still wants me to find another shrink for the needlephobia. When IU Simon closed down Dr. John's part I was unable to get any names to try.

I recently got back into contact with a friend of my who is a psychologist and I am hoping she knows someone who deals in phobia's. Another plus is it very well could be local seeing as my friend's practice is at a local facility.

Robertson is really adamant I get over the needle thing. And he got the reports about all the hard work I did and how I never missed an appt. but my last one. Before IU pulled Dr. John's and the whole psych dept.'s funding.

beightler68

Jerri,

I am so glad to hear that you got some answers to your questions. I am thrilled that you are moving forward with the SCT. Keep us posted!

msdelila

Hi Jerri,

Nice name, Jerry is my dad's name too ;) I'm glad to hear that you have met with your onc again. I wish you good luck with the SCT, you'll get through it, don't worry. It's not so fun, but trust me you'll manage. I hope your other condition is improving slightly and that you are able to get out of the house more. Take care.

Delila

jerbear

Actually Jerry is my dad's name as well. And my oldest brother's. I was named after a cousin who is named Jerri. Many think I was going to be Jerry Jr. but that is my oldest brother. LOL

I'm waiting to hear back from Robertson or my friend on finding someone.

Robertson said since the disease is moving so slowly there is no real urgency.

I got out of the house for maybe a hour Tuesday to eat. I'm PMSing so everything is worse right now. I'm better off staying at home.

Another good thing my mom liked him better this time as did I. It sounds silly but a sense of humor is a good thing in any Dr. I go too.

I'm just glad we straightened out that SCT misunderstanding! That was my main worry of the whole thing.

fleurdelys7

Jerri,

That is so good that it went well with the doctor, and that he has a good sense of humor and is understanding! I am thinking about you and wishing you all the best!

You can do it.. and I don't know if it was your advice to talk to my bone marrow or what-- but my ANC count went from .51 to THIRTY THREE after my extra 5 neupogens- so I will be talking to my bone marrow again. :)

Wishing you well,
Jessica

jerbear

Oh that is great! I told you it sounded totally nutty but if your at that point you'll try just about ANYTHING to get it to work. Keep pep talking that blood!