• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Rituxan Co-pay Assistance -for Commercial Insurance.

Judy_smile37

If you can answer yes to all three questions, you are approved for the co-pay card - there are no income limits.
1) You have commercial insurance - nothing government related (you cannot be covered by a government-funded health care program such as Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DoD or Tricare)
2) You are over 18 years old
3) You live or get treatment in the US or Puerto Rico

Then you get approved for the co-pay card. There don't seem to be any income limits as there are with many programs.

The card pays at least 80% of your out of pocket costs
You pay 20% of your co-pay, but no more than $100.
The card limit for the year is: $24,000.

Hopefully, I understand this correctly, but here is the link to check.
http://www.genentech-access.com/rituxan-nhl-cll/patients/find-patient-assistance/co-pay-cards

Hopefully a lot of people can benefit from this program. I guess the drug is priced high enough that Genentech is happy enough with whatever the insurance company negotiates with them plus a small co-pay. This is typical for RA drugs. Everyone gets a co-pay card
unless you are insured by the government.

Judy

Judy_smile37

Oops! There is a footnote regarding income limits. If you make more than $100K per year, then the card limit is $9000 per year.

Dolcemente

This would be a life saver for my family...I am trying to understand it...the pharmaceutical company is willing to give financial assistance to ordinary citizens? No strings attached? Although we have health insurance, finances have been a source of great stress for us.

Defens

Super Moderator
Thanks a bunch, Judy! My income limits my coverage with this card, but my insurance has a high deductable, which means I've been paying a fairly substantial amount on my first treatment (until my deductable is paid and the insurance takes over). Between this and my existing insurance, I think it'll end up saving me a few thousand this year.

Defens

Super Moderator
Just wanted to bump this up and update it for new forum members that might not be aware of the program. I also made it a sticky, since a lot of folks could potentially benefit from the program.

I just was going back through the last year's worth of oncology center invoicing and insurance statements, and realized that the center hadn't been billing my Genentech co-pay card. As a result, I recently received a bill for about $19,000!

Turns out, if the co-pay card kicks in, it'll cover about $13,000 of that bill. :)
Here's an updated link, although the first one on Judy's initial post also works if you have commercial insurance. https://www.copayassistancenow.com/#/

If you're taking Rituxan, you need to sign up for this!!

Last edited:

Defens

Super Moderator
Wonder why you can't use this if you have tricare.
They may have other programs that cover other types of insurance. I'd certainly suggest giving Genentech a call. There's no harm in asking, and you may win the lottery.

Defens

Super Moderator
Another interesting bit of information. My Co-Pay card for last year had run out of funds when it went to pay the last Rituxan charge on my March infusion this year. I called up Genentech, and they moved around my renewal date so that the infusion is covered on this year's coverage! Very nice!

Now I just need to contact another division within Genentect (Access, I believe it's called) to see it they might cover another $5K charge from before I applied for the Co-Pay. If so, I'll have dropped the amount I owe in medical bills from the initial $30,000 to about $3,000 - just by getting the Rituxan paid for. Well worth the effort of a few phone calls and some letters, I'd say.