• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Reminder: Amazon Smile donations

edl

Many of us are probably locked in at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm not certain how my status as a lymphoma patient and my prior treatment affects my susceptibility to the virus, but I'm trying to be cautious. And, as a result, I am ordering more items than before from Amazon in order to reduce trips to a local store.

The financial magazine Kiplinger's had a recent article about Amazon Prime benefits:

Here's the section from that article about Amazon Smile:
Did you know you could shop, buy and give to your favorite registered charitable organization through Amazon Prime? Neither did I. It's called AmazonSmile. Simply pick a charity and do all of your shopping on your personal AmazonSmile page. It has the exact same products and prices as your regular Amazon.com page, and you can switch between your regular Prime account and AmazonSmile. Amazon will gently nudge you to AmazonSmile if you forget, but here's a hint: Just as you've bookmarked your regular Amazon.com account, you can bookmark your AmazonSmile account and toggle if you wish. There are more than a million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations to choose from, and the one you pick will receive 0.5% of the value of your eligible purchases (there are tens of millions of eligible products).

If you go to Amazon Smile, and do a search for charities using the word "lymphoma," you will find a long list of organizations.

Also, I don't know if the following is still active (I couldn't find it), but anjou used to have this little blurb at the bottom of PAL News posts:
An easy way to donate, if you are an Amazon shopper, is to list Patients Against Lymphoma as your charity of choice on amazonsmile!!! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/51-0426732

po18guy

We have Prime and have switched to Smile, donating to, as you might have guessed, the T Cell Leukemia Lymphoma Foundation.