• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Noobie here ... DLBCL

andym

Super Moderator
How do the pneumatic systems do in these tests? Stanford uses them and they came to mind after I read your post.

I agree on your approach. I've done literature searches after getting advice. But the main change over time was that I got better with the medical literature and could see the wisdom of my doctors faster.

tbear

How do the pneumatic systems do in these tests? Stanford uses them and they came to mind after I read your post.

I agree on your approach. I've done literature searches after getting advice. But the main change over time was that I got better with the medical literature and could see the wisdom of my doctors faster.
Search using terms like "LDH test transport errors" and/or variations, yielded several results like but not limited to:

https://academic.oup.com/labmed/article/40/12/728/2504770

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0004563215595644

and then:

https://academic.oup.com/jalm/article-abstract/4/3/433/5636926?redirectedFrom=PDF
"Results
In post-PTS plasma samples, LDH activity was 26%–149% higher. Similarly, white blood cells (WBCs) were 14- to 156-fold higher and platelets were 1- to 13-fold higher."

I noticed in looking at normal ranges, some labs have significantly higher ranges for normal? Wonder if this goes to explain that in part?

Last edited:

frankhond

That’s a bunch of worry that one doesn’t need, isn’t it? I had a big spike in ldh just before the sct, after the two r-dhao treatments. Doctor said such a spike would mean a major tumor load if it was caused by the lymphoma. And the recent scan was clean, so it was attributed to neulasta or some such. And they scanned you pretty recently, right? I bet this is false alarm too.

tbear

That’s a bunch of worry that one doesn’t need, isn’t it? I had a big spike in ldh just before the sct, after the two r-dhao treatments. Doctor said such a spike would mean a major tumor load if it was caused by the lymphoma. And the recent scan was clean, so it was attributed to neulasta or some such. And they scanned you pretty recently, right? I bet this is false alarm too.
Oh, mine was higher immediately post ASCT, one was up near 400, they were running test every day in hospital, but each test was a little drop as the blood was hauling the dead un-needed cells away maybe? Since it settled down in February 2018, been hovering around 180 - 210 … but those were all collected at the testing lab sight. I don't recall mine getting this high even pre ASCT? I looked at this latest, just shows final result, don't know if serum or plasma, only that it took a ride with daily courier.

In February I had a MRI and visit with Neuro-oncologist, good.

Later my friend …. Take Care :)