• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

New to these boards. DLBCL diagnosed 11 months ago

Mankyle

On March 3rd it was my diagnosys aniversary. Three years since I was told I had the "C" word...

It is a big milestone....
I hope I'll be here in two years repeting this post but saying 5 years instead of 3...
I hope all of you get big NED reports on your follow up...

Big hugs from sunny Spain!!!

andym

Super Moderator
Congrats on that milestone. Your chances of a relapse are dropping and that's worth a celebration even before the 5 year point.

Mankyle

Yesterday was the +3 anniversary after the PET where I was declared in full remission.

Meanwhile in Spain we're witnessing a communist "coup d'etat" done by the own government that it is slowly destroying democracy and transforming my country in a new Venezuela...

10 years ago I would never had guessed I would had cancer and I would live through a second spanish civil war...

Last edited:

frankhond

Congratulations on the third birthday!

Meanwhile in Spaun we're witnessing a communist "coup d'etat" done by the own government that it is slowly desroying democracy and transforming my country in a new Venezuela...

10 years ago I would never had guessed I would had cancer and I would live through a second spanish civil war...
Interesting, international news make no mention of this... can you share a link to some news in English that describes the situation?

andym

Super Moderator
Great that you keep celebrating these anniversaries. Hopefully the strange times we are living through will end and we can rebuild the societies we want and need.

cocamoxb

Mankyle,

Great to read you're doing well. I think that your country's situation is unfortunately the direction much of the world is heading with the gross nationalism spreading around the globe that is creating division between our fellow man.

This board is really a great place to escape that struggle.

Glad you're celebrating your success, Cheers!!!

Mankyle

Mankyle,

Great to read you're doing well. I think that your country's situation is unfortunately the direction much of the world is heading with the gross nationalism spreading around the globe that is creating division between our fellow man.

This board is really a great place to escape that struggle.

Glad you're celebrating your success, Cheers!!!
Yeah...
Thanks @cocamoxb

In Spain right now we have a far left government who is spending money with both hands and the deficit has gone up almost 2.5 points of the GDP in less than a year...

And the national debt has increased from 98% of the GDP to over 115%

We expect over 25% of unemployement after the summer and one of the parties in the government (who has clear links with the venezuelan and cuban governments) is pressuring for taking all the decission that will have negative results on the economy...

They erased a report from the Spanish Health Ministry (dated February 10th) in where public officers recommended taking actions for containing the virus.
On March 8th there was a HUGE manifestation for the women's rights in Madrid and only two days later was when they declared the state of alarm...

Horrible situation. 4 friends of mine have lost their jobs during the last month, and we expect a 20-30% of reduction in public servants salaries and pensions...

On the other hand... in public hospitals in Spains they have changed protocols and it is safer than ever to go there...
In my region there are no contagions among health personnel since end of April...
They are implementing telemedicine protocols everywhere and only urgent patients have to go to the hospital.
Even us, cancer patients, have seen improvements.
In three day care areas (where they give is the chemo, I don't know the name in english) they have improved waiting rooms, isolated them from the rest of the hospital, opened new entry doors "for patients only" and improved overall security...

We will see what the future holds....

Take care everyone

Last edited: