• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

New to forum

limeylass

Welcome to the forum . This place has been my saving grace. People here are loving, kind, helpful and yes, funny. Gotta laugh or you cry. Wishing you the best. So much good information to be gained from this forum.
Annette

po18guy

I found this forum by accident, but as I've been reading the posts I'm glad I found it. I was diagnosed with B-cell NHL (diffuse) last June. After 6 treatments of r-chop, I've been diagnosed as being in remission since January. I have a follow-up with my oncologist today, and I'm a little nervous, even though I don't have any symptoms. I know a lot of you go through the same feelings; it's comforting to read your stories.
Hope everyone who reads this is well. God bless you!
Welcome! As to fear of relapse, well, we each deal with that differently. Fear can paralyze and I am slow enough as is. I believe that most relapses are found by symptoms and not by scanning. So, to maintain some semblance of sanity (that's all I ever manage), the motto is:

You do not have cancer until a pathology report says you have cancer."

RickOshay

Welcome to the forum . This place has been my saving grace. People here are loving, kind, helpful and yes, funny. Gotta laugh or you cry. Wishing you the best. So much good information to be gained from this forum.
Annette
Thanks Annette! I agree, the people here are really nice and helpful, and the information is a Godsend. All the best to you!
Rick

RickOshay

Welcome! As to fear of relapse, well, we each deal with that differently. Fear can paralyze and I am slow enough as is. I believe that most relapses are found by symptoms and not by scanning. So, to maintain some semblance of sanity (that's all I ever manage), the motto is:

You do not have cancer until a pathology report says you have cancer."

Thanks, I really do appreciate the encouragement. I kinda feel like a hypocrite because I tell people a variation of your quote. I always say "it doesn't happen 'til it happens".
I actually think my Oncologist used my seemingly unrelated symptoms as a way to sneak a CT scan through insurance. I guess I'll find out tomorrow at my visit.
Anyway, thanks again!
Rick