• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

New to forum

RickOshay

I found this forum by accident, but as I've been reading the posts I'm glad I found it. I was diagnosed with B-cell NHL (diffuse) last June. After 6 treatments of r-chop, I've been diagnosed as being in remission since January. I have a follow-up with my oncologist today, and I'm a little nervous, even though I don't have any symptoms. I know a lot of you go through the same feelings; it's comforting to read your stories.
Hope everyone who reads this is well. God bless you!

andym

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Rick. Yes, we all know that feeling. I hope you have a great visit today. At times these turn into what I like to call social visits with blood tests. I hope that is what you experience today.

andym

Super Moderator
BTW, most of us don't use real names on this forum because it is highly ranked in google searches. If you have any worries about discrimination based on medical history, let me know and I can see about changing your user name.

RickOshay

Thanks for the welcomes, I really appreciate it. BTW, it's not my real name; it's a play on the word "ricochet". Just a little humor ;) Thanks for looking out for me, though!

chuck15

Hi Rick.

I found these forums to be very helpful to me. Most thing I found helpful was reading peoples summary line at the bottom that showed at a glance the when , where, what type treatment stuff....stay well as you can.......unfortunately the enemy is never far from my thoughts.

RickOshay

I thought it was appropriate...an object on one path gets deflected onto another. Thanks again to everyone who responded!

RickOshay

Thanks for the welcome! Labs were good. I need a CT scan and a follow-up after that for some abdominal pain that is supposedly unrelated to lymphoma. We'll see how that goes...

andym

Super Moderator
Glad the labs were good. I hope the CT scan shows something easily resolved.

And I agree that your name is great. We are ricocheting all over the place after our diagnosis.

RickOshay

Thanks, Andy. It always makes me chuckle when my doctor says "I'm not concerned about this"...I think to myself, of course YOU'RE not concerned about this! ;)
Again, thanks for the encouragement.

andym

Super Moderator
My doctor's phrase of choice is, "this is not a crisis." So far she has been right. The most animated she got was when I relapsed after my allogeneic SCT. That got an, "oh my." But I'm still here after all the not-a-crisis incidents and even the "oh my." So, I have to give her credit for being right to stay calm. Our onc's have the advantage of having seen so many patients even if (most of them) haven't experienced what it is like to go through it themselves.

tbear

Thanks for the welcomes, I really appreciate it. BTW, it's not my real name; it's a play on the word "ricochet". Just a little humor ;) Thanks for looking out for me, though!
I recall a rabbit with that name.

Welcome, I know this forum really helped me too … great folks here. Best to you too!

Lyssa

I thought of an episode of Thunderbirds. Not one of my favourites as it had a lot of Alan being rather a brat.

Sue B

Welcome to the forum, I have found it to be most helpful. The anxiety that you feel is normal and it does get better with time.