• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Follicular lymphona grade 2 Stage 4

andym

Super Moderator
That first Rituxan can be rough. But most people have a much smoother experience the second time. If not, and I’m in that camp, then upping the premed doses and/or adding a steroid to them can make it go smoothly. For me the trick is IV Benadryl and 10 mg of IV dexamethasone and everyone has a happy day.

I’m glad she got through it and hope the Next time is a breeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bladeeagle

Been a rough week. Mostly stayed in hospital due to the effusion related breathing problem. Today she got a drain put in to help mitigate the fast accumulating fluids.

andym

Super Moderator
I’m sorry that it has been so hard this past week. I hope the drain keeps her comfortable until the drugs beat the lymphoma back.

fighterm

I had plural effusion. Coughing is a symptom. Two and a half liters were drained. my oxygen level was below 90 which is considered low. My lung collapsed. I had rceop as I had chop in 1992 (no R at that time). As Andy said, doxorubicin could be given only once in a lifetime. Unfortunately, after 6 cycles of rceop 2 tumors are remaining, even though they considerably reduced in size. Now the one in pleural area is 6 cm. We are on w&w now. I am looking at the trial of a bispecific antibody cd3/cd20. What it does it redirects t cells to lymphoma cells expressing cd20. There are trials of another bispecific antibody cd3/cd19. It does the same thing.
Comparing with CARTs bispecific antibodies have their advantages and disadvantages.

bladeeagle

Encouraging updates

We are 3 weeks in the first cycle and wife has noticed several nodes got significantly smaller. Pleural effusion seem to be better also.

andym

Super Moderator
That’s wonderful!! Sounds like it is working. Here’s to continued improvement.

bladeeagle

Positive first CT scan

Today is the first CT scan since we started on the treatment. It has been 2 months/cycles. The report says significant size reductions on all the nodes and pleural effusion is getting much less. Overall very positive results and our oncologist is happy.

bladeeagle

Thank you Anjou and Andy for the nice words - We are quite happy with the results as well. Now on to the rest of the treatment. We learned yesterday that our oncologist started with 25mg Revlimid for a faster response for the first 2 cycles and she is going down to 20mg dose now.

bladeeagle

neutropenia

Wife has neutropenia. Onc says we will be dropping the dose from 20mg to 15mg/day. Otherwise everything looks good. Seems like neutropenia is common with revlimid.

andym

Super Moderator
Yep, went through exactly that sequence. You are right that is very common. Hope her counts come up quickly and I’m glad everything else is going well.

bladeeagle

Thanks Andy. She'll start with a lower dose today and have blood tested next week. Hopefully she can stay on 15mg for a little longer because so far this treatment has been pretty effective.

andym

Super Moderator
I had to step down every couple of months. My doctor talked to the doctor who ran the trials and it turns out that most people stop before the full year. But it still works well even without going that many rounds.

bladeeagle

Thanks Andy - My wife had only 3 month of treatment. Hopefully she can stay at 15mg for a little longer. She’s having moth sore now and am wondering if anybody had it and is there any remedy for this?

srli

So nice to hear the good news that it is working so well. It seems to be quite common to step the dosage down. When I went for a consult at Stanford the doctor recommended R squared for my next treatment and suggested that I keep dosage at 15mg and even down to 10 after a few months. An other person I know who has been on it a while is down to 5mg to finish up a year of treatment. So it seems quite possible that dosage is varied according to needs of the patient. Hope things continue to go well.