• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Bump

frankhond

Ok. Did the chemo, got my stem cells on Thursday two days ago. Now in the middle of that critical period waiting for the system to come up. Doctors say all goes according to plan so far.

andym

Super Moderator
Go stem cells go!! Hope they engraft quickly and those counts shoot up.

In the meantime, according to plan is good news.

tbear

I knew you'd come out the other side.

If you see snot nosed anyone, run away. Hand sanitize often, after about every contact.

Day 100 is coming!

Take Care!

Sue B

As soon as your counts bump up you will feel so much better. Sending good vibes your way, you are almost done. You will be home soon sleeping in your own bed.

zac495

Yah! Yes the next few days stink, but then you will be on the upswing to recovery!
All my love,
Ellen

frankhond

The next days stink indeed. Can’t eat nor drink, on intravenous food and liquid. Got a nasty rash on my back and shoulders which probably is the side effects from the horse antibiotics they give as prophylaxis. Got thrombocytes in a bag. Lost more weight so now it’s the gulag look. But no mouth sores! And no food nor drink means no diarrhea! And on the 20th Netflix releases The Witcher which is based on some really interesting books I read some time ago by this Polish fantasy writer Sapkowski. So. Plenty of stuff to look forward to.

dn_swe

Glad to hear from you Frankhond! Been thinking about you the past days, hoping you were doing okay!

From my dad's experience I know that once your cells starts to graft your condition will improve quickly so hang in there!

Sue B

Hope you are feeling a little better, once the white cells go up you will suddenly feel a lot better, you are almost there. Thinking of you.

frankhond

Yesterday there was motion in the blood tests, engraftment started! And still no infection/fever with intravenous antibiotics, doctors really happy. I’ll see if it’s possible to get off that food drip start eating again. One step at a time.

zac495

The next days stink indeed. Can’t eat nor drink, on intravenous food and liquid. Got a nasty rash on my back and shoulders which probably is the side effects from the horse antibiotics they give as prophylaxis. Got thrombocytes in a bag. Lost more weight so now it’s the gulag look. But no mouth sores! And no food nor drink means no diarrhea! And on the 20th Netflix releases The Witcher which is based on some really interesting books I read some time ago by this Polish fantasy writer Sapkowski. So. Plenty of stuff to look forward to.
I was into Breaking Bad. To this day, if I see the beginning of the show (the opening), I can feel being in that hospital during that time.

I lost a ton of weight too - but also no mouth sores. Day 9 was the turning point and Day 11 was the day I went home.

Here's to you!!! Hang in.
Love,
Ellen

andym

Super Moderator
Go cells go! So glad to hear that the counts have started to go up.

Last edited: