• Welcome to our the new and improved forums systems. For tech support (only during May 2020), please email forums-2016@lymphoma.com. Also, please note that no new memberships are being processed for 6 days (5/26/20) as we continue to make upgrades to our systems. Existing members may continue to use all systems freely!

Abbreviations - Acronyms - for the newbie

edl

I've tried to pull together the 2 abbreviations threads that I found on this board, and then add the additional ones I'm finding as I read the medical literature. This list is not alphabetical, and it will probably grow as I keep reading.

The 2 lists I started with are:
http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?t=34315#UNREAD
http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?t=11316&highlight=abbreviations

I prefer to keep this on my hard drive as a Word file. It is then easily searchable using the Edit, Find command of the word processor. This allows reading the board posts and keeping the abbreviations file open in a separate window for quick searching if needed.

This website won't let me attach this file as a Word file (it's too large). And it won't let me attach it as an rtf file (doesn't recognize that file type). So here it is as a txt file. I think that you'll be able to easily open this, copy it into your own word processor if you wish, and save it.

Abbreviations that are missing from this file can easily be added later and the txt file modified and reuploaded. Please post any others that are not in this file.

Attachments

anjou

I sent an email to the powers that be asking that the list be added to the stickies for newbies

inarob

What about SUV? (Standardized uptake value) This is something that is mentioned quite often as well as by my husbands oncologist. We had to look it up to see what it meant.

KarlS

Super Moderator
What about SUV? (Standardized uptake value) This is something that is mentioned quite often as well as by my husbands oncologist. We had to look it up to see what it meant.
Got it. Thanks. Which, ironically, is obtained from a PET procedure that is not yet standardized.